Join Our Team
Title: Workforce/HR Consultant
FLSA Status: Exempt
Job Status: Full Time
Compensation: $115k-135k/year DOE
This position is located in Oregon. Work is accomplished through combination of home office, on site with client, and OMEP office. No relocation assistance is provided.
We value our employees’ input and ideas and continually strive to improve as an organization. Working alongside Oregon manufacturers, we help build successful businesses to create jobs and support our communities.
Reporting to a Managing Consultant and serving as a key member of OMEP’s consulting team, this position works closely with Oregon manufacturers primarily on workforce solutions to help them hire, train, engage, and retain a strong workforce. Client projects may include development of recruiting and onboarding processes including documentation (tools, templates, guides…), organizational design, creation of standard work instructions and associated training materials, leadership development, and development plans and career pathways among other talent management related activities. Not only is there tremendous opportunity to positively impact Oregon’s manufacturing workforce, but also play a role in NIST MEP’s strategic initiative to narrow the manufacturing workforce gap. This position requires both strategic and tactical workforce experience, initiative and self-direction, solid organizational capabilities, and ability to respond quickly and adapt schedule and priorities to meet demand.
This is an exciting time to join the OMEP team to further meet our mission and increase our impact on manufacturing in Oregon. Following are the core values we live by.
- Create Prosperity
- Commit to Client Success
- Solve Problems Thoughtfully
- Help Each Other Out
- Perform workforce-related client assessments, develop proposals, and prepare service agreements highlighting deliverables, costs, and estimated impacts.
- Deliver workforce related projects (e.g., recruiting, onboarding, performance management) with clients, and provide training to other consultants on workforce delivery.
- Coach and mentor manufacturing leadership and deliver leadership workshops and cohorts.
- Create a culture of continuous improvement and learning within OMEP by developing, implementing, and sharing new programs, services, tools, and resources.
- Proactively write and/or contribute to OMEP’s blog, newsletter, and success stories; and deliver presentations to the MEP national network, manufacturing-related professional associations, and economic development organizations among others.
- Ensure client invoicing, timesheets, capacity planning, and expense reports are completed accurately and in a timely manner in accordance with OMEP’s processes and standards of conduct.
- Participate in NIST MEP’s America Works’ webinars, working groups, conferences, and other activities related to workforce, and engage with other MEP center to collaborate and cooperatively share information, tools, and resources.
- Develop programs, trainings and resources that will assist Oregon manufacturers to attract, recruit, develop, engage, and retain employees.
- Relevant bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
- Proven expertise in executing various components of talent management such as recruiting, onboarding, training, and other components of hiring, engaging, and retaining employees.
- Experience developing various programs, tools, and resources in support of talent management.
- Program and project management expertise.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Confident and poised in interactions with all organizational levels.
- Effectively collaborates with others such as internal staff, external clients, and business partners.
- Skilled facilitator with consulting and/or coaching experience.
- Comfortable preparing and delivering presentations, including public speaking.
- History of staying current on workforce trends.
- Expertise in conflict resolution is desired.
- Proficient with Microsoft 365; experience with Salesforce is a plus.
- Experience utilizing behavioral (e.g., ProScan, Myers Briggs) and other workforce assessment systems and digital workforce tools is desired.
- Ability to travel throughout Oregon, and occasionally outside of Oregon (e.g., NIST national conference) as needed.
- Competitive salary of $115K – $135K/year commensurate with experience
- Performance-based incentive plan
- 401K with match
- Generous health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- Paid vacation, holiday, and sick time
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Incorporated as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation in 2001, the Oregon Manufacturing Extension Partnership (OMEP) provides high performance business and technical assistance to Oregon-s small to mid-sized manufacturers. OMEP is an integral part of Oregon-s statewide manufacturing strategy, as it seeks to transform the factory floor and beyond to create a ripple effect of positive sustainable impact on businesses, the workforce, and the community. As one of a network of 51 independent but collaborating MEP centers nationwide, OMEP can bring integrated and standardized services and training to the manufacturing community that benefit from industry driven best processes and practices. Partnering with Business Oregon, as well as other economic development organizations across the state, OMEP brings its expertise to a wide variety of Oregon manufacturing companies that have up to 500 employees, with services tailored to meet each company-s most critical needs. Manufacturing Extension Partnership (MEP) is a resource area of the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST). For more information about OMEP, see http://www.omep.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to diversity and inclusion in our employment practices. We encourage all qualified people to apply regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran, justice impacted, and disability status.There is no guarantee of employment, and nothing in this job description restricts management-s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Employee must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without accommodation.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org